On August 8th, 2022, MacPractice will be administering an important update to our Patient Portal Servers. This update will serve to bolster the stability and security of our Portal services to help prevent future intermittent losses of service.
On the morning of August 8th at 11 AM CDT, we will be taking down the Patient Portal Servers to administer this update. Patient Portals should display a message indicating the times of the outage. This message should be posted this week in advance of the update.
Furthermore, there are two requirements to continue using the Patient Portal:
- If you have any Port Forwarding rules set up, you'll need to update them with the following information on Monday, August 8th. Don't do this early!
- The new Portal IP address will now be 188.8.131.52. If you have any router Port Forwarding rules set up that reference the old IP, you'll need to have these rules updated.
- If your network is configured to allow only communication on port 1234 from the Patient Portal server, you'll need to create a secondary rule to allow communication from 184.108.40.206 on port 1234 to forward to your MacPractice Server.
- This step should be taken by the office's IT. MacPractice Support Reps cannot assist with this step.
- Your office will need to be running MacPractice Build 13.11.5 or higher by August 8th.
- If you are not already running Build 13.11.5, please contact MacPractice Support for assistance with getting this build released to you.
MacPractice Build 13.11.5 is compatible with macOS Catalina 10.15, and macOS Big Sur 11. You can find the full range of requirements on our website here.
This is a critical and required update in order to continue using the Patient Portal and avoid any service interruption after August 8, 2022.
If you have any questions or concerns regarding this update or would like to begin the process ahead of time, don't hesitate to contact MacPractice Support. You can call us at (877) 220-8418, or you can email us at firstname.lastname@example.org .