The Heath Information Exchange (Receive and Incorporate) report is utilized to track information that has been downloaded from a Health Information Exchange that has been connected to MacPractice. It is also used to help qualify for MIPS programs in 2019.
This report requires that your office is able to upload and download from an eligible Health Information Exchange. In order to configure a Health Information Exchange, you'll need to contact MacPractice Support for assistance.
This report functions like many other MacPractice Reports. The top half of the window is devoted to filters where you can narrow down specific sets of information. When those filters are configured to your liking, click the "Apply" button to generate results in the bottom half.
- Filter Providers: This filter allows you to narrow the generated data to include and exclude specific providers. When checked, any selected providers will be included in the results.
- Filter Offices: This filter allows you to narrow the generated data to include and exclude specific Office references.
- Filter Tax Identification Numbers: If you have multiple Tax ID numbers in your Office references, this filter allows you to narrow down by those Tax ID numbers.
- Filter National Provider Identifiers: This filter allows you to narrow results by your provider's National Provider Identifiers (NPIs)
- Start Date/End Date: These fields allow you to set the range for the information fetched by this report. Typically you will want this to default to the reporting year (in this case, 01/01/2019 to 12/31/2019)
- Program (MIPS or Medicaid Promoting Interoperability): This pop up selection will allow you to set whether this report is utilizing the MIPS or Medicaid standards for Promoting Interoperability. Use the one that applies to your situation.
The bottom half of the report will display all information received and incorporated from a Health Information Exchange.
- Numerator: The number of patient that meet the numerator requirements described above.
- Denominator: The number of patients that meet the denominator requirements described above.
- Percentage: The percentage of patients meeting both the numerator and denominator requirements.
- Patient #: The Patient Account Number for the Patient in question.
- Patient Name: The name of the patient in question, formatted as last name/first name.
- Office/Provider: The Office ID and the Provider ID set in References for the Office and Provider in question.
- Counts in Numerator: Clarifies whether this particular patient belongs in the Numerator. If not, this field will be blank.
- Requested Summary of Care (Yes/No): Indicates whether a Summary of Care was requested from the Health Information Exchange or not.
- Recorded Receive of Document (Yes/No): Indicates whether a Summary of Care has been received from the Health Information Exchange or not.
- Recorded Incorporation of Document (Yes/No): Indicates whether the Received Summary of Care has been incorporated properly.