The Allergies section sets a patient's allergies similarly to the Allergies Clinical tab in the Patients ability. Allergies which have already been added for the patient will display within the Allergies section, where allergies can also be verified or added.
- Active/All: Set the toggle to display on active or all allergies.
- Allergies Verified: Select the Allergies Verified checkbox if the Allergies have been verified with the patient.
- No Active Allergies: Select the No Active Allergies checkbox if the patient has no active allergies.
- Allergies: Click the Allergies link to add new allergies for the patient. In the resulting popover, search for the allergy or click the Show All button to select from all allergies within the MacPractice database.
- Add Allergies List for Reconciliation: The Allergies section can also be used to add an allergies list from a referrer for reconciliation. Within the Reconcile menu, select Add New List for Reconciliation to add a new list of allergies to reconcile. In the resulting sheet, select the source of the allergy list.
- Existing referral for this patient: Click the radio button, then select the existing referral from the menu if the patient's referral has already been added to the Patient > Referrals tab.
- Create a new referral for this patient with an existing referrer: Click the radio button, then search existing referrers as added to References > Referrals.
- Create a new referrer and a new referral for this patient: Click the radio button and add the Referrer First and Last name to the fields to create a new Referral reference and add the referral to this patient.
Within the resulting sheet, select any allergies to retain on the patient record, then click the Next button. Allergies which are not selected will be removed from the patient Allergy list. Confirm the displayed allergies should be kept on the patient record with the Next button, or click the Previous button to return to list of all possible allergies to retain.