Ledger Audit Trail is a tool for tracking all entries, modifications, and deletions that occur in a patient's ledger.
Note: The Ledger Audit Trail is an old feature used on 7.3 and earlier. It will not work as intended, and is left in the software for legacy purposes. The new Accounting Ability can be used in its place.
To use Ledger Audit Trail, go to the Managers ability, select Ledger Audit Trail from the side bar, and twist down the gray triangle to view the options:
- Set the Today pop-up menu for a preset date range: Today, This Week or This Month.
- Alternatively, enter the date range in the Start and End fields.
- By default all users are selected. Select a user from the User list to track only that user's ledger entries.
- By default Ledger Activities will perform a search for all patients. Use the Account/Patient field to locate a specific patient, or click the magnifying glass to select from the Patient pop-up menu.
Set the search criteria and click the Run button to generate the Ledger Activity report. Upon completion the Ledger Activity report will show:
- Date Time: when the information was posted and saved to the ledger
- ID: which patient the line item was entered to
- Code: shows the information that is contained in the description column on the ledger
- Fin.Charges: lists all amounts that have been associated as a Financial Charge to the procedure
- Refund: lists any refunds that have been done in the ledger
- Payment: lists the payment amount of the line item in the ledger
- User: lists the MacPractice user who entered the line item into the ledger
- Transaction: lists what the line item is, i.e., a New Charge or New Insurance Payment
Ledger DB Audit
By default, the Ledger DB Audit will search the current day for every ledger that had activity.
- To search for a particular date, check the box next to Choose a Date. Select the desired date from the resulting calendar. Once a date is selected, the Ledger DB Audit will automatically generate the results.
- To search within a date range, select from the Today pop-up menu and choose Today, This Week or This Month. Make a selection and the Ledger DB Audit will display the results in the table located in the lower portion of the window.
- To narrow or expand the date range, enter dates in the Start and End fields. Click Run to start the search.
For example: Entering "insert" as lower case displays no results, but "INSERT" capitalized will display results.
The results of the Ledger DB Audit can be exported as well. Click the Export button, name the file, choose the save location, and click Save. Use third party software, such as Excel, to view the saved information.
Ledger History is designed to view a single patient's ledger activity. The selected patient's name will display in the upper left corner of Ledger History. This will show the patient's ledger history as view only. To change to another patient, select the magnifying glass and search for the desired patient.
- From the By the end of menu, select By the end of or At the beginning of and type a date in the field box. By default, MacPractice will be set to By the end of, with the current date in the date field.
- Depending on the selection, set the After menu to Before or After to view the ledger as it appeared before or after an entry was made, allowing you to see how the ledger was affected.
- Directly below the By the end of menu, select a particular line in the ledger to see the associated entries that have happen in the ledger.
Navigating the Search Tools Tab
- Search in Account #, From Transactions or From Treatments
- Search within a set number of days or within a date range
- Search Ledger Types
If the Show 5 results per page option was selected, the user can advance to the next 5 results by clicking the >> button. To see the previous results click the << button. The user can also click the Show All button to view all items that were returned in the search.