DEXIS Integration seamlessly displays DEXIS images in MacPractice. DEXIS digital imaging software images are displayed as thumbnails directly within the DR Image View in MacPractice's Restorative Charting Ability.
Consult Chapter 2 of the DEXIS Mac Software Manual for installation instructions, including creating an administrator account for your DEXIS software.
Configuring MacPractice for DEXIS Integration
- Host Name/IP: The IP address of the DEXIS Server or Core Machine. This is the MacPractice Terminal on which the DEXIS Server application is installed.
- Port: The DEXIS Installation technician or your Network Administrator will provide a port number, such as 8567.
- Username: The DEXIS ID created when installing the DEXIS Server application.
- Password: The DEXIS password created when installing the DEXIS Server application.
Within the DR View toolbar, select DEXIS in the Source menu.
The Tooth menu display the tooth number of the selected tooth. Navigate the teeth with the back or forward icons in the Tooth # menu. You can also select multiple teeth in Charting View by clicking, holding, and dragging your cursor across a span of teeth.
The DEXIS Integrator in DR View displays as it would in the DEXIS Integrator software. The DEXIS control pad on the left side of the integrator has 5 buttons:
- Tooth (top left): Displays Intra-oral radiographs
- Intra-oral Camera (top right): Displays intra-oral photos
- Head (bottom left): Displays Extra-oral radiographs
- Camera (bottom right): displays extra-oral photos
- Screen (center): Launches the DEXIS imaging software