To add an item to the Item node, use the following steps:
- Select the Items node in the sidebar and place the cursor in the search field above the sidebar
- Scan the item's barcode with the scanner
- Once the UPC/EAN is read, MacPractice will search the Amazon API to automatically populate the Item information. A scanned item will generally automatically populate the Notes box with the Item Description as dictated by Amazon.
- When the item data differs from inventory data, MacPractice will respond based on the Inventory Preference to "Ask me every time", "Never overwrite Inventory data", or "Always overwrite Inventory data."
- To scan another item, clear the sidebar's search field by clicking the "X" button and repeat the process.
To add an item as a charge within a patient Ledger, use the following steps:
- Above the Ledger select the Charges menu > New Charge.
- Place the cursor in the Code field and scan the item. Any fee where Inventory data matches the item's scanned UPC/EAN will be found.
- If multiple items are found, select the correct fee from the resulting window.
- Additional items may be added to the Charges table with the green plus button in the New Charge Window.