To add an item to Inventory, select the Items node in the sidebar and click the green plus button above. Name the item and add a Category and Brand (required fields) in the respective menus. The Category and Brand will be added to the Categories and Brands nodes for future use.
The following fields are available for each item:
- Item Name: The required field that sets the name by which the item is listed
- In Stock: Reflects the current quantity of the item within the database
- Adjust Quantity: Opens the Adjustment Sheet, through which item quantities are adjusted
- Reorder Level: Sets the level of quantity at which MacPractice will prompt a reorder of the item
- Do Not Reorder: Eliminates a prompt to reorder despite the quantity
- Category: The Category by which the item will be known in Inventory Reports, Audits, Retail Items and so on
- Brand: The Brand by which the item will be distinguished in Inventory Reports and Audits
- Model: The Model acts as the Alias within the Fee Schedule
- UPC/EAN: The UPC/EAN number associated to the item
- Description: A brief description of the item
- Notes: Generally used for an Item Description automatically populated through the Amazon API
- Purchase Orders: Displays each of the purchase orders associated to the item in Inventory Management, along with the Status Order Reference Number, Date Ordered, Quantity Ordered, Date Expected, Date Received, (Quantity) Received, Cost/Unit, and Total Cost (of the Order)
- Vendors: Displays any vendor that has been added for the item. Vendors can be manually associated to the item through the Plus button along with a cost and date of the price (Cost Date).
- Item Log: Displays activity associated to the item that changed the quantity. Item Log Actions include Order Received, Charge (Received), Alert, Audit, Charge (Sold), Returned, and Initial Quantity.