The Patient Portal can be configured once the feature has been released to the office serial. In order to set up Patient Portal, you will need to contact MacPractice Support and ask to speak to a Representative about setting up Patient Portal. Our Support Representative will need:
- The static IP address of the MacPractice Server
- The database name
- Office name, phone, email, city, and state
- A subdomain name suggestion (for example, drjones.phiportal.com or wellnessonline.phiportal.com)
A customized subdomain name will be created for the office. The subdomain will be used as an identifier for your MacPractice Server IP address to access the data for the Portal. The subdomain must be unique as no two subdomains of the same name can be used.
The URL will be https://<Your Subdomain here>.phiportal.com.
- Your MacPractice Server must use a Static IP address. A non-static IP address could change, preventing patients from reaching the Patient Portal. If your Static IP address should change for any reason, contact MacPractice and they can reconfigure the Patient Portal to point at the appropriate IP address.
- Port 1234 should be open to accept incoming traffic from IP Address 126.96.36.199.
- All incoming traffic from IP 188.8.131.52 should be sent to the external IP address on port 1234 and must be forwarded to the MacPractice Server’s Internal IP address.