The Patient Portal is an excellent method to provide a line of communication between practices and their patients. You can send messages directly to the patient, provide them access to their health records, assign forms for patients to fill out electronically, and allow them to schedule their own appointments with minimal fuss.
The Patient Portal requires MacPractice Build 5.0 and above.
The Patient Portal can be configured once the feature has been released to the office serial. In order to set up Patient Portal, you will need to contact MacPractice Support and ask to speak to a Representative about setting up Patient Portal. Our Support Representative will need:
- The static IP address of the MacPractice Server
- The database name
- Office name, phone, email, city, and state
- A subdomain name suggestion (for example, drjones.phiportal.com or wellnessonline.phiportal.com)
A customized subdomain name will be created for the office. The subdomain will be used as an identifier for your MacPractice Server IP address to access the data for the Portal. The subdomain must be unique as no two subdomains of the same name can be used.
The URL will be https://<Your Subdomain here>.phiportal.com.
- Your MacPractice Server must use a Static IP address. A non-static IP address could change, preventing patients from reaching the Patient Portal. If your Static IP address should change for any reason, contact MacPractice and they can reconfigure the Patient Portal to point at the appropriate IP address.
- Port 1234 should be open to accept incoming traffic from IP Address 18.104.22.168.
- All incoming traffic from IP 22.214.171.124 should be sent to the external IP address on port 1234 and must be forwarded to the MacPractice Server’s Internal IP address.
Once these steps are all complete, you should be able to visit your portal via the name suggestion URL. Information on how to utilize the Portal can be found in the "How to Use the Patient Portal" guide.