The Trace Payment Number is a manager designed to pull all payments that have been entered into patients' ledgers and allow for searching by column, date or check/reference numbers.
The manager can be used to find a particular check number when researching a payment, or to confirm a payment has been received. In order to track payments successfully, office staff should enter information in the Check/Reference # field. Even though the this is not a required field in the payment window, it can assist in searching for information. This reference number is entered in the Patient Payment or Insurance Payment windows in the patient's ledger.
- Payment: Search for Insurance, Patient, or All Payments
- Provider and Offices: Search for payments associated to particular providers and/or offices
- Date Range: Enter a date range or select a range from the Today popup menu.
- Column To Search: Search within the following columns: Posted Date, Check/Reference #, Amount, Procedure Date, Description, Posted By, Memo
- Search: Search for specific information, such as patient name, dollar amount of the payment, or payment description