Creating MacPractice Backups of the database is the only way to maintain the data added to MacPractice. It is your responsibility to ensure that backups are created, properly stored, and that an effective backup scheme is in place. The Backup Guide will assist with developing a backup scheme, creating manual and automatic backups, removing old backups, and restoring backups.
The Backup Guide will assist with creating a Backup Scheme through the following topics:
- Operating System Groups: How to set the Operating System Group permissions required to create a MacPractice Backup
- Backup Scheme: How to develop a backup scheme and backup retention/destruction policy.
- Server Backup Preferences: How to set the Server Backup Preferences.
- Encrypting your Backups: How to encrypt your backups, and why it's so important to do so.
- Creating Manual and Automatic Backups: How to manually create a backup and create an Automatic Backup Scheme on the MacPractice Server.
- Restore a Backup: Restore a MacPractice Backup