AutoRemind is a third party that provides appointment notifications to patients that integrates with MacPractice. It is a purchased option. If you are interested in AutoRemind integration, please contact MacPractice Sales.
This guide assists in setting up MacPractice to send reminders to sync with AutoRemind. AutoRemind is set up within various areas of MacPractice.
- Preferences: Add the AutoRemind credentials and fetch the templates in Preferences.
- References: Create and edit AutoRemind Notification templates in References.
- Display and AutoRemind Statuses in the Schedule: Establish a color scheme for the AutoRemind statuses of appointments on the Schedule.
- AutoRemind Portal in the Patients Ability: Enter the contact information, set the AutoRemind Notifications Profile, and select the Preferred Follow-up.
Upon registration, AutoRemind will supply a portal Username and Password. These credentials will be added to the MacPractice Preferences, where the AutoRemind templates are fetched and added to the MacPractice database.
Within the AutoRemind panel of the MacPractice Preferences, enter the AutoRemind Username and Password as provided by AutoRemind. Next, click the Login To Portal button to log in to the AutoRemind website. Click the Fetch Templates button to download the AutoRemind Notification templates from the AutoRemind server to the templates in References.
The AutoRemind Preferences panel contains these additional settings:
- Default Notification Profile: Select a type from the AutoRemind Notification Types available in References to set a default for all new patients.
- International Phone Prefix: The default option "1" can be changed for location.
- Auto-fetch Status Updates: This option checks AutoRemind's servers every hour for status changes such as appointment confirmations.
- Set AutoRemind status to Confirmed when MacPractice status becomes confirmed: When enabled, an appointment status set to Confirmed in MacPractice will message AutoRemind's servers to cancel the confirmation message. A regular reminder will still be sent.
- Web Services URL: Never adjust this URL without instruction by AutoRemind or MacPractice.
AutoRemind Notification Profiles describe what, when, where, and how AutoRemind notifications are sent. Once the notification templates have been fetched from AutoRemind Preferences, they will appear in the AutoRemind Notification Profiles node in the References ability.
To create an original AutoRemind Notification Type, select AutoRemind Notification Type in the References sidebar and click the sidebar plus button. Rename this new AutoRemind Notification Type and save the record. From the main MacPractice window, click the plus button and select a template from the menu, then click the OK button. Repeat this process to add multiple templates to the AutoRemind Notification Type. A video of creating a new AutoRemind Profile is available on the AutoRemind Help website.
To edit any AutoRemind Notification Profile, adjust the default settings within the respective column of that data type.
With the AutoRemind Notification Profiles created, set a Default Notification Profile for all patients in the AutoRemind panel of the MacPractice Preferences. A video demonstrating changing the default profile is available on the AutoRemind Help website.
The Schedule ability can be adjusted within the Appointment Display node to show the AutoRemind Statuses as unique colors. A color scheme will change appointment colors as the AutoRemind Manager syncs.
In the Schedule ability, click the Appointment Display node to access the Colors tab.
- Area: Set the area of an appointment to display the AutoRemind Status in the Area box, labelled "Specify how each area is colored."
- Colors: The Colors box displays the AutoRemind Statuses (Confirmed, No Reminder, Not Successful, Sent-No Confirmation Requested, or Sent-Pending Confirmation) along with the current corresponding colors. The Other item display the Apple color palette to select any color.
In the Communication tab of the Patient ability, you can set an AutoRemind profile that governs what methods will be used to send AutoRemind notifications to a patient. This is set to "Preferences Default" for all patients initially, but will contain all the Notification Profiles that have been added in the References Ability > AutoRemind Notification Profiles.
To set the Preferences Default Notification Profile, navigate to the MacPractice Menu > Preferences > AutoRemind, and select from the choices in the "Default Notification Profile" drop down.
The Notification Profiles look at the type of Destinator, and then uses the corresponding information in the Patient Ability > Patient Tab. If that information is lacking on the Patient Ability, no notification will be sent. For example, if a Notification Profile is configured to send a SMS (Text message) to the patient's Mobile Phone, a Mobile Phone number must be set in the Patient Ability/Patient Tab for that person to receive a SMS message.