NOTE: Do not remove any Legacy Numbers from MacPractice, including those from the User Reference and those from the Insurance Reference. Even if you are sending NPI Only forms, you may need access to your Legacy numbers for future reference.
- Removing Legacy Numbers may cause claim rejections.
- Order new pre-printed forms, if you have not already done so.
- Forms can be obtained from American Solutions for Business, at (800) 677-4344.
- Run the Update Default Paper Claim Form utility, located on your Office's server computer under Managers, in Database Utilities from the sidebar, to update all carriers with the CMS 1500 or CMS 1500 No Bar, or both, default form to the CMS-1500 (08-05) NPI and Legacy form.
- This will prevent claims from accidentally being submitted on the antiquated form.
The MacPractice Database Utilities will only appear on the MacPractice Server computer.