Some aspects of a patient chart which require a single definitive code system. The Coding preference allows you to change the code system for some attributes, such as Problems, Assessments, Medications, and Allergies.
The following coding systems are possible for the attributes:
- Problems: SNOMEDCT, ICD-9-CM, ICD-10-CM
- Assessments: SNOMEDCT, ICD-9-CM, ICD-10-CM
- Medications: RxNorm, Custom, FDB (available with purchased ePrescribe ability)
- Allergies: RxNorm, Custom, FDB (available with purchased ePrescribe ability)
- Billing Diagnosis: ICD-9-CM, ICD-10-CM
- Allergy Reactions: SNOMEDCT
- Immunizations: CVX
- ePrescribe Diagnoses: ICD-10, ICD-9-CM
- Goals: SNOMEDCT
- Labs: LOINC
- Family History: SNOMEDCT
The Enable ICD9 Helper by Default check box ensures that any time you're using the ICD-10 list and are mapping, the ICD-9 Helper will be enabled.