The EMR/EDR Preferences set the options for performance, features, and navigation of the EMR/EDR ability. Within the EMR or EDR panel of the MacPractice Preferences, the EMR/EDR preferences can be toggled to keep any palettes (used to edit forms) on top of other windows, adjust the font or margins, or define ways in which patient data is pulled to new forms.
- Default Font: Allows you to set the type of font you'd like to use in the EDR/EMR ability. By default the font is set to LucidaGrande 13.
- Printer Margins: Allows you to set the form margins when printed by top, bottom, left, and right.
- Fit on one page: Allows you to print an entire form on one page. The more pages a form has, the smaller it will look on one page.
- Keep palettes on top of other windows: Allows the Forms and Form Sections palettes to always show on top of other windows.
- Hide dotted Line between from sections: When enabled, you will see a line of dashes between form sections in an EMR form. When disabled, there will not be a distinction between sections.
- Use checkbox with regular size: If checked, will use a standard-size checkbox. If unchecked, the checkbox will appear slightly larger.
- Print page numbers for EMR/EDR forms: When the EMR or EDR form is printed, a page number will be added to the bottom of each page.
- Print page numbers for narrative: When the EMR or EDR narrative is printed, a page number will be added to the bottom of each page.
- Show unique form id in sidebar: This number appears next the to the patient's name in the sidebar of the EMR ability.
- Default Records to Load: Allows you to filter the amount of patient form records that will show up in the sidebar based on the created date. You can choose between All Records, 1 Year, 1 Month, 1 Week, and 1 Day. You can also change this setting on the fly by clicking and holding on the EMR icon in the toolbar.
- When a new form is created for a patient, how should the new sections be filled in?
- Start with a blank form: Does not pull any data forward from previous patient forms.
- Start with data recently updated for that patient: Pulls forward information from the same sections of the last updated patient form.
- Start with data from the most recent procedure date for that patient: Pulls forward information from the same sections of forms completed on the most recent procedure date.
- Ask me what to do for each section: Allows you to select which of the same section(s) to pull forward on the new form.
- Filled with same form first: Pulls forward information from the previous time this form was used for the patient. Uncheck if you want information to pull forward from a section by Last Updated Time regardless of the form you are in.
- Ignore signature boxes when pulling data forward: Allows you to prevent the signature box information from being pulled forward into the new EMR form.
Within Preferences > EMR/EDR > Others, select the Show demographics screen on kiosk checkbox. This allows the kiosk to display demographics on the screen so that patients may verify and edit the information along with completing kiosk forms.
- Default View Below From: Allows you to select between Form Table (information that was previously entered into the form) or Clinical Ledger (information that is selected from the View Option pop-up menu).
- Color For Abnormal Item In PopUp: Allows you to choose the color that you want to see when abnormal items appear in a pop-up menu.
- Description before diagnosis code in PopUp: Allows you to show the description for a diagnosis code before the code when diagnoses are listed in pop-up menus. When this is unchecked, the code is listed first.
- When double clicking on an item in the clinical ledger: Allows you to choose what MacPractice will do when you select a clinical ledger entry.
- Show demographics screen on kiosk: Allows the kiosk to display the demographics screen.