The Favorites ICD9 Diagnoses Reference is a list of every ICD9 code that has been designated a Favorite. This area also allows users to enter an Aliases for the code.
Clicking the green plus (+) will add a new Favorite, or they can be moved from the Diagnosis (Custom) Reference. If added to Favorites from the Custom Diagnosis list, please remember that it cannot be moved back into the Custom list.
To remove a Favorite Code from the list, click the red minus (-). MacPractice will give the user an option to Deleted or Archived the code (depending on if it has been used). An Archived code may be retrieved from the File menu > Retrieve Archived > Diagnosis Code.
The breakdown of the Reference Window:
- Code: This is the numerical identifier of the diagnosis. These are the UMLS codified codes and cannot be edited.
- Description : A brief overview of what the diagnosis entails. These are the UMLS codified descriptions and cannot be edited.
- Alias: An Alias is a unique office designated code that can be input in place of the official Code. If there is a need for multiple variations of Aliases, diagnoses may be duplicated.
- Diagnosis Type: This is the classification of the diagnosis.
- Inactive/Non-Billable: This checkbox marks the diagnosis as both Inactive and Non-Billable.
- Custom Description: This is a place for the office to be more detailed in the description of the diagnosis. The difference between this and Description is that anything entered here will be added to the notes field of the Problem List in the Clinical Tab of the Patient Ability.
- Comments: Notes about the diagnosis that aren’t part of the Description or shouldn’t appear in the Clinical Tab may be entered here.