The Popup Button Element is designed to select an option from a list.
Add a Popup Button to the Form by dragging the Popup Button from the Form Elements box in the Form Section Palette (EMR/EDR > Toggle Palette) to the Form Section. Click the block to edit the name, size, position, and special properties in the Inspector.
Within the Inspector, the General tab sets general attributes for the Popup Button.
- Name: The name of the Popup Button, which does not appear on the Form
- X and Y: The Popup Button position within the Form Section grid
- Width and Height: The Popup Button dimensions
Within the Inspector, the Options tab sets the custom attributes of the Popup Button.
- Reference: Sets the Reference from which Popup lists are pulled. (Family History, Sensitivities, and Social History pull from the EMR ability.)
- Value: The items within the Reference list
- Apply to Patient: Saves the selection to the Patient's account (where available)
To create a list, select the None Reference and click the plus button, then Double-click the line entry to rename the new value.
- #1 item as default: Shows the first item within the list in the Popup button window as a default
- Import: Text Wrangler is best suited to import information, other programs may not import properly
- Abnormal checkbox: Sets the value color in a Patient Form as defined by the Others tab in the EMR Preference