When installing the iPhone application for the first time, you will need to follow these steps.
- Download the application from the Download site. Instead of clicking the MacPractice icon to download as instructed at the link, you will click the iPhone interface download button.
- Once you have successfully downloaded the MacPractice iPhone Interface application, double-click the iPhoneInterface.pkg and follow the installation steps.
- You will need to ensure that your server computer has port 443 open. You'll also need to know your server's External IP Address, as this will be the URL you'll use to access the iPhone interface. MacPractice Support cannot assist with this step, you will need to have your network administrator confirm these details.
- You will need to have PHP and SSL enabled on your server computer. This is a complicated process which will require the assistance of MacPractice Support. You can set up an appointment with us, or just call in and state that you need assistance setting up the iPhone interface. The next available representative will be happy to assist you.
- Restart Web sharing by unchecking and rechecking the Web Sharing checkbox under System Preferences > Sharing.
- Test the application on the server using Safari. To test the interface, go to https://localhost/iphone on your MacPractice server computer. If you see the login page, log in and configure your preferences.