When installing the iPad application for the first time, you will need to follow these steps.
- Download the application from the Download site. Instead of clicking the MacPractice icon to download as instructed at the link, you will click the iPad interface download button.
- Once you have successfully downloaded the MacPractice iPad Interface application, double-click the iPadInterface.pkg and follow the installation steps.
- You will need to have PHP and SSL enabled on your server computer. This is a complicated process which will require the assistance of MacPractice Support. You can set up an appointment with us, or just call in and state that you need assistance setting up the iPad interface. The next available representative will be happy to assist you.
- Restart Web sharing by unchecking and rechecking the Web Sharing checkbox under System Preferences > Sharing.
- Test the application on the server using Safari. To test the interface, go to https://localhost/ipad on your MacPractice server computer. If you see the login page, log in and configure your preferences.