Text Field elements are the most commonly used element. This element can be formatted to type Freeform, Social Security, Zip Code, Date, and Phone Numbers. Text fields are limited to 255 characters. If needed, a lower character limit can be set.
There are two checkboxes you can select for this element:
- Required: This makes the Element a field that has to be filled in before there person filling out the Form can move on. Required fields appear in red text.
- Hide from Clipboard: This will keep the Element in your Section, and the Section will still appear on the form, but if it is a field that would normally pull onto the Clipboard, you can select this box to prevent the information from pulling.
Placeholder: This field appears in the background of the element if nothing is typed in the box.
String Format: This is the format with which your field will be set.
- Freeform: You can write anything you'd like with any character in this type.
- Phone Number: Here, you can only type in ten numbers (no letters at all) and it will auto format to look like a phone number.
- Social Security Number: Another numerical only field. You can place in nine digits and they will auto format to look like an SSN.
- Zip Code: This numerical only field takes up to 9 digits and will format for a full zip code.
- Date: This numerical only field will format your numbers into a date.
Max Length: This is where you set the max characters you want to fit in the field.