The Appointment Display node in the Schedule Ability allows you to customize the appearance of your schedule. You can configure the appointment display so the color will change depending on the details of a schedule block, so that at a glance you can identify key details of a scheduled appointment. You can also change the text that displays on each appointment block to communicate the information you need at a glance.
To the right of the color settings is a sample of the schedule with an appointment block. You can use this to ensure the appointment blocks will display how you want before committing your changes.
You'll mostly use the the Colors Tab and the Text Tab to adjust the appearance of a scheduled appointment. Let's break down each one in the following sections.
Each appointment has 5 Areas within it: The Body (1), the Header (2), the Left Edge (3), the Footer (4), and the Right Edge (5). You can see these numbered in the example block on the right side of the Appointment Display Node.
Each area can be set to a specific data type. These data types are:
- Appointment Status: This will change the display color based on the Appointment Status associated with the appointment. These Statuses are configured in the Appointment Status node in the Scheduling Ability.
- Provider: This will change the display color based on the Provider associated with the appointment. This is based on the provider selected in the Appointment, not the provider selected in the Patient tab.
- Appointment Label: When selecting an appointment in the sidebar, you can assign a color label to it using the Label menu above the search field. An area set to Appointment Label will display the label color.
- Appointment Type: This will change the display color based on the Appointment Type associated with the appointment. These Types are configured in the Appointment Types node in the Scheduling Ability.
- Patient Label: When selecting a patient in the sidebar, you can assign a color label to it using the Label menu above the search field. An area set to Patient Label will display the label color.
- Office: This will change the display color based on the Provider associated :\Awwith the appointment. This is based on the provider selected in the Appointment, not the provider selected in the Patient tab.
- AutoRemind Status: This will update the color based on the latest reported status from AutoRemind (Confirmed, No Reminder, Not Successful, Reminder Queued, and so on).
The Appointment Text table contains all the information that will be pulled into a typical Appointment Block. The Line # column indicates the Line in which that piece of data will appear, and the Format column contains the type of data that will be pulled forward. Click a line's Format, and you can select what kind of data will pull from a large list of available patient information.
You can add or remove Lines by clicking the Green Plus or the Red Minus in the upper hand corner of the table, respectively.
You can re-order the lines by clicking and dragging a line up and down into the desired location. You can use the Enabled checkbox to enable or disable lines.
Note: Each appointment can only show a finite amount of information. If you have many options selected in the Appointment Text area, some of the content may be truncated. For example, if you have a single unit appointment, there may only be room to display the Header.
Treatment Plans & Appointment Display Options
A number of the Appointment Display text options will only display if there are treatments associated to the appointment. Any of the text items with parenthesis (except "Empty Line" and "Followup Type, Last Visit, Frequency") will only be displayed if there are treatments associated to the appointment, as well as the Treatment Plan Codes and Treatment Plan Descriptions options.