The Transparencies Block tab sets the parameters for a selected transparency block. The Block field displays the name of the block and is based off the name of the overall transparency. The All Resources checkbox sets the block to repeat across all resources for a given day. The All Day checkbox expands the block through the entirety of a day. It is recommended that both checkboxes be checked for days when the office is closed or unavailable.
Below the Start and End time fields is the Repeat menu, which allows for repeating transparency blocks, similar to repeating appointments.
- None: Do not repeat the block.
- Every day: Repeat the block every day, until the End condition is reached.
- Every week: Repeat the block every week, on the same day, until the End condition is reached.
- Every month: Repeat the block every month, on the same day, until the End condition is reached.
- Every year: Repeat the block every year, on the same date, until the End condition is reached.
- Custom: The Custom option allows for complex rules to be set for the repeating block. After selecting Custom a new area will appear in the drawer:
- Daily: Daily repeats allow for a secific number of days between the block repeats. By default this is set to "1".
- Weekly: Weekly repeats allow the block to repeat every X weeks, on selected days of the week. For example, a transparency can indicate that the office is closed early every other Tuesday and Thursday, by entering "2" in the "Every X Weeks" field, and selecting T and T from the week day selector.
- Monthly: Monthly repeats allow the block to repeat either on selected dates each month (for example, on the 1st, 15th and 30th of every month), or repeat the block every first Monday, third Tuesday, and so on.
- Yearly: Yearly repeats allow the block to repeat during select months each year and/or for select days during select months each year. For example, a transparency created on the 14th and set to repeat every year in January will appear every January 14th. Below the month selector is a checkbox that allows the block to repeat on every first, second, third or fourth day of the week (Sunday, Monday, Tuesday, and so on).
Below the Repeat menu is the End menu, providing three options:
- Never: The transparency block will be repeated indefinitely.
- After: The transparency block will end after a certain number of repetitions.
- On Date: The transparency block will stop repeating after the specified date.
- Apply the repeat rules to all other blocks associated with this transparency.
- Remove the repeated instances of the transparency block.