To print the schedule, navigate to the File Menu and select Print. Alternatively, you can press the Command-P shortcut. A new window will open, where you can customize how the Schedule will be printed.
The first thing to note is that there are two different Schedule View Types which you can select from in the lower right corner. You can choose to print a Graphical copy of the schedule, which will print the grid layout that you are accustomed to seeing in the Schedule Ability. You can also choose to print a Text copy, which will list appointments in chronological order. Some information is only available to be printed on the Text View Type. You'll be able to see how the print copy will appear in the preview that makes up the majority of the Print window.
In the upper right corner, you can specify the Date Range you wish to print. You'll see a Date Range selector that allows you to toggle between Visible Dates and Calendar Dates. Visible Dates will print the range that's on the Schedule's currently visible dates, while Calendar Dates will allow you to set a particular range.
Below the date range is the Resources list. You can select which resources you wish to include on the printed schedule. This is set to "All" by default, but you can also click to select a specific Resource, or you can hold Command to select multiple Resources.
The Appointment Status checkboxes allow you to include Missed, Cancelled or To Reschedule appointments on the printed copy. You may not wish to include these appointments if you do not have the Appointment Status included in your appointment text, as the fact they are missed/cancelled/reschedule will not be indicated on the printout otherwise.
You'll also note the font size icons that will allow you to adjust the size of the text in both the Graphical View Type and the Text View Type.
- Fit Whole Calendar To Page / Fit to X page(s) per day: This toggle will control whether the printed copy will attempt to fit the whole selection onto a single page, or whether the schedule will be stretched vertically so each day will take up X pages.
It is important to note that if you have large Appointment Display blocks or you have display issues when printing, you may need to choose this setting and pick a larger value than 1 page(s) per day to allow for enough space to print your schedule clearly.
This will not affect the horizontal size of each day on the printed schedule.
- Dates per page - This setting will only take effect if you have "Fit to X page(s) per day" selected. This setting determines how many days are displayed vertically on the schedule printout, per page.
- Fix to X page(s) per day - This will stretch the schedule vertically so each day will take up X pages.
- Black & White - Check this box to print the schedule in black and white, as opposed to the colors set in the Appointment Display node.
- Close window after printing - When checked, the schedule print window will close after you click Print.
- Date - The date of the appointment.
- Created By - Displays the user who created the appointment.
- Patient Number - Shows the account number for the patient.
- Updated By - Displays the user who last updated the appointment.
- Chart Number - Shows the patient's chart number.
- Provider - This is the provider assigned to the appointment.
- Date of Birth - Patient's birthday.
- Referring From - Shows the patient's referral.
- Age - Patient's age.
- Total Treatment: This displays the total fee for treatment plans on the day for this appointment.
- Resource - This shows the schedule resource that the appointments fall under.
- Total Production - Shows the amount paid by the patient on the day.
- Status - This is the appointment's status.
- Tooth and Surface: If there is a charge with a Tooth and Surface on the same day in the ledger, those details will be shown here.
- Type - Displays the appointment type.
- Account Balance - Total balance on the account.
- AutoRemind Status - Any applicable AutoRemind Status for a patient.
- Address - Patient's address.
- Account Alert - Any applicable Account Alerts will show here.
- Phone - Patient's primary phone number.
- Insurance - This shows the Insurance company, the Subscriber ID, and the remaining Copay.
- Notes - Appointment notes will appear when this is checked.
- Treatment Plans - This shows the details for procedures listed in Treatment Plans.
- Patient Alert - This will show any applicable Patient Alert.
- Summary - Shows the summary of all appointments listed.
- Table Header: Lists the column names at the top of each column. In the example above, you can see the Time and Name header.
- Separators: Check this option to add table lines around each row and column.
- Row Background: Check this box to shade the background of all rows.
- Alt Row Background: If Row Background is checked, this option will make every other row shaded. This makes it easier to follow a line across the page.
- Print by: This will group the appointments by the selected criteria. For example, you may choose to group all appointments with a given resource together.
- Sort By: The Sort By menu contains many options you can use to sort the appointments on the printed schedule.
- Export to Calendar Button: This button ill allow you to export your schedule as an .ics file to be used in the macOS native Calendar app and other Calendar apps.