To print the schedule, navigate to the File Menu > Print. A new window will open, where you can refine your print options.
- In the upper right corner, you can specify the Date Range you wish to print. You can select Calendar Dates or Visible Dates from the menu, or manually enter dates in the From and To menu.
- Below the date range is the Resources list. Select the resources you wish to include on the printed schedule.
- The Appointment Type checkboxes allow you to include Missed, Cancelled or To Reschedule appointments on the printed copy. You may not wish to include these appointments if you do not have the Appointment Status included in your appointment text, as the fact they are missed/cancelled/reschedule will not be indicated on the printout otherwise.
- Check the Treatment Plans checkbox to change the schedule display to a detail view, including treatment information.
- Dates per page - This setting will only take effect if you have "Fit to X page(s) per day" selected. This setting determines how many days are displayed vertically on the schedule printout, per page.
- Fit whole calendar to page - When selected, the schedule will be condensed so all days fit on one page. This may not be the best option if you are printing a large date range.
- Fix to X page(s) per day - This will stretch the schedule vertically so each day will take up X pages. This will not affect the horizontal size of each day on the printed schedule.
It is important to note that if you have large Appointment Display blocks or you have display issues when printing, you may need to choose this setting and pick a larger value than 1 page(s) per day to allow for enough space to print your schedule clearly.
- Black & White - Check this box to print the schedule in black and white, as opposed to the colors set in Appointment Color.
- Close window after printing - When checked, the schedule print window will close after you click Print.
If you choose the Text view type, a number of checkboxes will appear, that you can use to include additional information on the printed schedule. These checkboxes correspond to the same boxes in the Appointments reports.
There are some additional options as well:
Print by: This will group the appointments by the selected criteria. For example, you may choose to group all appointments with a given resource together.
- Current Patient - Filters to show only the patient selected in the One Mode. (If no patient is in the One Mode, this option will be greyed out.)
- Treatment Plans - This shows the details for procedures listed in Treatment Plans.
- Patient Number - Shows the account number for the patient.
- Chart Number - Shows the patient's chart number.
- Status - This is the appointment's status.
- Type - Displays the appointment type.
- Resources - This shows the schedule resource that the appointments fall under.
- Total Fees - Will show anything owed in the treatment plan.
- Total Production - Shows the amount payed by the patient on the day.
- Provider - This is the provider assigned to the appointment.
- Referring Dr. - Shows the patient's referral.
- Account Balance - Total balance on the account.
- Date of Birth - Patient's birthday.
- Age - Patient's age.
- Date - The date of the appointment.
- Phone - Patient's primary phone number.
- Address - Patient's address.
- Notes - Appointment notes will appear when this is checked.
- Summary - Shows the summary of all appointments listed.
- Created By - Shows who created the appointment.
- Updated By - Shows who last updated the appointment.
- Patient Alert - This will show any applicable Patient Alert.
- Account Alert - Any applicable Account Alerts will show here.
- Insurance - This shows the Insurance company, the Subscriber ID, and the remaining Copay.
- AutoRemind Status - Any applicable AutoRemind Status for a patient.
- Table Header: Lists the column names at the top of each column. In the example above, you can see the Time and Name header.
- Separators: Check this option to add table lines around each row and column.
- Row Background: Check this box to shade the background of all rows.
- Alt Row Background: If Row Background is checked, this option will make every other row shaded. This makes it easier to follow a line across the page.
After setting all your print options, click Print to print the schedule. The normal Mac OS X print window will open, where you can select your printer, tray options, and so on.