This element has a very high character limit. The viewable area on the form is set and cannot be changed. If the information typed exceeds the visible Text View area, a scroll bar will be inserted to allow the user to scroll through the information. The narrative will show the entire text entered.
There are two checkboxes you can select for this element:
- Required: This makes the Element a field that has to be filled in before the person filling out the Form can move on. Required fields appear in red text.
- Hide from Clipboard: This will keep the Element in your Section, and the Section will still appear on the form, but if it is a field that would normally pull onto the Clipboard, you can select this box to prevent the information from pulling.
This is the title of the Popover menu that appears on the link.
This can be set to either Static or Dynamic.
- Once set, the list cannot be edited by the user. If an edit is desired, it must be done in the Section Editor.
- If no list items are added, the element will appear with an inactive link. The user will only be able to type in a text box.
- Once set, a user can add, delete or edit items to the list at any time.
Popup List: This is a list of presets. They populate, when you click the Text View Name, in a separate popup window. You can create it so that when you choose a line item, it automatically imports the set text you have assigned with that option.
- Import: This button allows you to import a list that was made with a text editor. Be aware that this only works when importing a list from a text editor, anything else will not appear in the proper format.
- Sort: This sorts your list alphabetically. You will receive a popup asking you to verify that you want to make the change.
- - adds this text to the narrative: Anything typed here will be added to the election by default. This can be edited by the form user.