The year 2016 was the last year to begin earning this Medicaid incentive. Providers who have not yet begun attesting to Medicaid for Meaningful Use can no longer begin to do so for any incentive money.
Medicaid providers were eligible to receive incentives from the Medicaid EHR Incentive Program for Adopting, Implementing, or Upgrading to a certified software. Incentives for doing to are $21,250 per provider.
- At least 30% of your encounters must be with Medicaid Eligible patients. Each state can potentially define "Medicaid Encounters" differently, so you will want to check with your state Medicaid to see what they consider in this calculation.
- If you are considered a pediatrician in your state, you are only required to have 20% of your encounters with Medicaid patients to qualify for incentives.
- This encounter percentage needs to come from a 90 day period in the calendar year prior to the year you intend to Adopt, Implement, or Upgrade. For example, if you intend to upgrade to MacPractice's certified version in 2016, you need to prove that is some 90 days of 2015, 30% or more of your encounters were with Medicaid patients.
- MacPractice currently has several reports to help calculate this percentage. These are the Medicaid Encounters report (originally created for the state of Vermont), the Oklahoma Medicaid Encounters report, and the Texas Medicaid Encounters report. To date, these reports have been accepted b several other states as proof of Medicaid Encounter volume, since they calculate them in the same manner. Should your state require different calculations or additional data, MacPractice can create a custom report for your state Medicaid as long as we are provided documentation from the state Medicaid detailing everything they require.
You must Adopt, Implement, or Upgrade to a certified software. For MacPractice, this includes the following abilities
- MacPractice version 5.0 or 5.1 (Only versions 2014 Certified for Meaningful Use)
- *EMR/EHR Ability (Only way to record all structured data for Meaningful Use)
- *Patient Portal (Objectives 8 and 9)
- *Comprehensive ePrescribe (Objectives 2 and 4)
- *Lab Requisition - either integration with an outside Lab company that sends structured data or the Other Labs ability (Required for structured data needed for certification)
- Secure Direct Messaging address configured and vetted
*These are purchased abilities.
- CMS' site reviewing Medicaid Incentives