Percentage of patients 66 years of age and older who were ordered high-risk medications. Two rates are reported.
b. Percentage of patients who were ordered at least two of the same high-risk medication.
A patient will be in both denominators when they have all of the following-
- The patient needs to be 65 years old or older
- A visit during your reporting period
A patient will be excluded from the denominators when:
- The patient has hospice care during the reporting period.
A patient will be in the first numerator when they have all of the following-
- One high risk medication with an Ordered Date within your reporting period
A patient will be in the second numerator when they have all of the following-
- Two or more of the same high risk medication with Ordered Dates within your reporting period