The percentage of patients 18-75 years of age with diabetes who had a nephropathy screening test or evidence of nephropathy during the measurement period.
A patient will be in the denominator when they have all of the following-
- An age between 18 and 75 years old
- A visit during your reporting period
- A Diabetes diagnosis with an Onset Date prior to the visit's Procedure Date. This diagnosis must be for Type 1 or Type 2 Diabetes.
A patient will be excluded from the denominator when:
- Only a diagnosis of secondary diabetes due to another condition. The denominator only looks for patients with a diagnosis of Type 1 and Type 2 diabetes.
- A patient will be excluded from the denominator if they have hospice care during the reporting period.
A patient will be in the numerator when they have any of the following-
- An ACE inhibitor or ARB medication with an Started Date within your reporting period
- A Proteinuria, Diabetic Nephropathy, Glomerulonephphritis, or Hypertensive Chronic Kidney Disease diagnosis with an Onset Date
- A Kidney Transplant, Vascular Access for Dialysis, Dialysis Services, ESRD Monthly Outpatient Services procedure within your reporting period
- A Urine Protein Screening with a Received Date during your reporting period