Percentage of patients 18-75 years of age with diabetes who had a retinal or dilated eye exam by an eye care professional during the measurement period or a negative retinal exam (no evidence of retinopathy) in the 12 months prior to the measurement period.
A patient will be in the denominator when they have all of the following-
- An age between 18 and 75 years old
- A visit during your reporting period
- A Diabetes diagnosis with an Onset Date matching the visit's Procedure Date
A patient will be in the numerator when they have all of the following-
- A Retinal or Dilated Eye Exam added to their EMR or EHR from in the snomed code section with a Start Date and End Date during or within the year prior to your reporting period
- If performed prior to the reporting period, they also need a Negative Findings snomed code entered as the CQM Value on the Retinal or Dilated Eye Exam snomed code