The Production by Type report shows information for charges posted during the selected time period, broken down by procedure type.
As with many other reports, this report can be run with a variety of filters. For this report, all filters are based on the information listed in the charge window.
- Select Providers/Offices: Filters the report based on the provider/office listed in the charge window.
- Select Fee Schedules: Filters the report based on the fee schedule associated with the procedure.
- Select Facilities: Filters the report based on the Facility entered in the charge window
- Procedure Start Date/End Date: Filters the report based on the entered date range. By default, it will use the Procedure date listed on the charge (see point F for additional information). When running the report for a partial month, you will see, for example "December 2008" listed in the Month Year column, but only data from the selected date range will be taken into account.
- Show Charge Type: This checkbox toggles whether the report uses the type set on the procedure in the Fee Schedule, or the type set on the procedure in the charge window. When enabled, it uses the type set in the charge window. When disabled, it uses the type set in the Fee Schedule.
- Include $0.00 Charges: If enabled, includes charges with a fee amount of 0.00 in the report.
- Use Posted Date: If enabled, causes the Start and End date fields to filter by the posted date rather than the procedure date.
- Show In Procedure Break Down: Allows you to select whether you will see the procedure code or short description in the "Detail" column of the expanded results.
Production by Type - Unexpanded
- Procedure Type: Lists the procedure type.
- Count: Lists the total number of charges associated with that type.
- Count %: The percentage of the total procedure count entered under that type.
- Fees: Shows total fees entered for the charge.
- Fee %: The percentage of all fees that type represents.
- Payments: Reflects payments applied towards charges of the given type. These numbers will not match deposits, gross receipts, or earned receipts, as each of those reports figure their date range on different criteria.
- Lab Costs: Displays a total of lab costs for all fees associated with that type and a lab.
Production by Type - Expanded
If you click the triangle next to any of the types listed in the report, or run the report with the "Expand All" checkbox checked, you will see full detail on all procedures associated with the given type.
- Patient Last, First: Lists the name of the patient the transaction was entered for.
- Procedure Date: Lists the procedure date of the charge.
- Code or Description: Shows the code or description for the procedure, depending on which you have selected in the filters area.
- Prov.: Shows the user ID of the provider listed on the procedure.
- Fees: Shows total fee for the procedure.
- Pri. Allowed Amounts: The primary allowed amount for procedures for this patient based on the patient's Primary Insurance Company.
- Tax: Shows tax charged for those fees.
- Lab Costs: Displays a total of lab costs associated with a lab.
- Lab Fee: Displays the actual fee associated to the lab.
- Neg. Adj: Shows any negative adjustments applied towards the charge. It does not matter when the negative adjustment was entered, or applied. If it is tied that procedure, it will show up here.
- Pos. Adj: Shows any positive adjustments associated with that procedure. Again, it does not matter when the positive adjustment was entered, as long as it is associated with the charge.
- Write Off: Shows any write-offs associated with the insurance payment tied to this procedure. Like all things on this report, it only matters that they are associated with the procedure. The write-off's posted/procedure date do not count.
- Patient/Insurance Paid: Reflects payments applied towards the charge. These numbers will not match deposits, gross receipts, or earned receipts, as each of those reports figure their date range on different criteria.
- Payment: Reflects payments applied towards charges performed in the month. These numbers will not match deposits, gross receipts, or earned receipts, as each of those reports figure their date range on different criteria. However, it should equal the sum of the Patient Paid and Insurance Paid columns.
- Open: Shows the unpaid amount for the charge.
- Tooth/Surface: In MacPractice DDS, there will be a final column that displays the tooth number and surface associated to the charge.