The Production by Procedure Category report shows information for charges posted during the selected time period, broken down by procedure category.
As with many other reports, this report can be run with a variety of filters. For this report, all filters are based on the information listed in the charge window.
- Filter Providers/Offices: Filters the report based on the provider/office listed in the charge window.
- Filter Procedures: Filters the report to show only information for the selected procedure code(s).
- Filter Fee Schedules: Filters the report based on the fee schedule associated with the procedure.
- Filter Facilities: Filters the report based on the Facility entered in the charge window.
- Procedure Start Date/End Date: Filters the report based on the entered date range. By default, it will use the Procedure date listed on the charge (see point H for additional information).
- Show Charge Category: Displays the Category results as assigned by the Procedure Category added to the New Charge menu. Where this checkbox is not checked, the Procedure Category results will be based on the Procedure Category added to the fee within the Fee Schedule from which the charge is pulled.
- Include $0.00 Charges: If checked, includes charges with a fee amount of 0.00 in the report.
- Use Posted Date: If checked, causes the Start and End date fields to filter by the posted date rather than the procedure date.
- Show In Procedure Break Down: Allows you to select whether you will see the procedure code or short description in the "Detail" column of the expanded results.
After you have set your filters, click the Apply button to see your results.
Production by Procedure Category - Unexpanded
In the initial view of the Production by Category report, you will see a row for each procedure category associated with a charge from that date range, as well as information regarding transactions for that category.
- Procedure Category: Lists the procedure category.
- # Units: Lists the number of units that were billed under that category.
- Count: Lists the total number of charges associated with that category.
- Count %: The percentage of the total procedure count entered under that category.
- Fees: Shows total fees entered for the charge.
- Fee %: The percentage of all fees that category represents.
- Lab Costs: Displays a total of lab costs for all fees associated with that category and a lab.
Production by Procedure Category - Expanded
If you click the triangle next to any of the categories listed in the report, or run the report with the "Expand All" checkbox checked, you will see full detail on all procedures associated with the given category.
- Patient Last, First: Lists the name of the patient the transaction was entered for.
- Procedure Date: Lists the procedure date of the charge.
- Code or Description: Shows the code or description for the procedure, depending on which you have selected in the filters area.
- Prov.: Shows the user ID of the provider listed on the procedure.
- Fees: Shows total fee for the procedure.
- Tax: Shows tax charged for those fees.
- Lab Costs: Displays a total of lab costs associated with a lab.
- Lab Fee: Displays the actual fee associated to the lab.
- Neg. Adj: Shows any negative adjustments applied towards the charge. It does not matter when the negative adjustment was entered, or applied. If it is tied that procedure, it will show up here.
- Pos. Adj: Shows any positive adjustments associated with that procedure. Again, it does not matter when the positive adjustment was entered, as long as it is associated with the charge.
- Write Off: Shows any write-offs associated with the procedure. Like all things on this report, it only matters that they are associated with the procedure. The write-off's posted/procedure date does not count.
- Patient/Insurance Paid: Reflects payments applied towards the charge. These numbers will not match deposits, gross receipts, or earned receipts, as each of those reports figure their date range on different criteria.
- Payment: Reflects payments applied towards charges performed in the month. These numbers will not match deposits, gross receipts, or earned receipts, as each of those reports figure their date range on different criteria. However, it should equal the sum of the Patient Paid and Insurance Paid columns.
- Open: Shows the unpaid amount for the charge.
- Tooth/Surface: In MacPractice DDS, there will be a final column at the far right that displays the tooth number and surface associated to the charge.