The Production Detailed by Procedure report shows information for charges posted during the selected time period, broken down by procedure code.
As with many other reports, this report can be run with a variety of filters. For this report, all filters are based on the information listed in the charge window.
- Select Providers/Offices: Filters the report based on the provider/office listed in the charge window.
- Select Procedures: Filters the report to show only information for the selected procedure code(s).
- Select Fee Schedules: Filters the report based on the fee schedule associated with the procedure.
- Select Facilities: Filters the report based on the Facility entered in the charge window.
- Procedure Start Date/End Date: Filters the report based on the entered date range. By default, it will use the Procedure date listed on the charge (see point H for additional information).
- Include Modifiers: When checked, codes with a modifier will be reported separately from the procedure code without a modifier.
Include $0.00 Charges:
- If checked, includes charges with a fee amount of 0.00 in the report.
- Use Posted Date: If checked, causes the Start and End date fields to filter by the posted date rather than the procedure date.
- Include Material Costs: If checked, it adds a Material Costs column to the report, based on the material costs entered in the charge window.
- Show In Procedure Break Down: Allows you to select whether you will see the procedure code or short description in the "Detail" column of the expanded results.
After you have set your filters, click the Apply button to see your results.
Production Detailed by Procedure - Unexpanded
- Procedure: Lists the procedure code.
- Description: Lists the short description of the code.
- Unit Fee: Lists the amount of a single unit fee for the procedure.
- Unit Cost:Lists the cost per unit, as entered in the fee schedule.
- # Units: Lists the number of units that were billed for that code.
- Count: Lists the total number of times that procedure code has been entered.
- Count %: The percentage of the total procedure count that was entered on that date.
- Fees: Shows total fees entered for the charges posted on the selected date.
- Fee %: The percentage of all fees that procedure code represents.
- Lab Costs: Displays a total of lab costs for all instances of the procedure code that are associated with a lab.
- Patient/Insurance Paid: Reflects payments applied towards the procedures. These numbers will not match deposits, gross receipts, or earned receipts, as each of those reports figure their date range on different criteria.
- Open: Shows the unpaid amount for all instances of that procedure code.
- Open %: Displays the percentage of the procedures that are unpaid.
- Patient Last, First: Lists the name of the patient the transaction was entered for.
- Procedure Date: Lists the procedure date of the charge.
- Code or Description: Shows the code or description for the procedure, depending on which you have selected in the filters area.
- Prov.: Shows the user ID of the provider listed on the procedure.
- Fees: Shows total fee for the procedure.
- Pri. Allowed Amounts: The primary allowed amount for procedures for this patient based on the patient's Primary Insurance Company.
- Lab Costs: Displays a total of lab costs for the fee, if it is associated with a lab.
- Neg. Adj: Shows any negative adjustments applied towards the charge. It does not matter when the negative adjustment was entered, or applied. If it is tied that procedure, it will show up here.
- Pos. Adj: Shows any positive adjustments associated with that procedure. Again, it does not matter when the positive adjustment was entered, as long as it is associated with the charge.
- Write Off: Shows any write-offs associated with the insurance payment tied to this procedure. Like all things on this report, it only matters that they are associated with the procedure. The write-off's posted/procedure date does not count.
- Patient/Insurance Paid: Reflects payments applied towards the charge. These numbers will not match deposits, gross receipts, or earned receipts, as each of those reports figure their date range on different criteria.
- Open: Shows the unpaid amount for the charge.
- Tooth/Surface: In MacPractice DDS, there will be a final column that displays the tooth number and surface associated to the charge.