The Backups report is designed to show details regarding data backups. It will provide information to determine whether a backup was successful, as well as provide the location, size and date of the backup based on your search criteria.
- Filter Users: Filters the report based on the user who had created the manual backup. Automatic backups will not have a user associated to them.
- Backup Start/End Date: Filters the report based on the entered date range.
- Size in X: This pop-up menu that allows you to view backups in a variety of unit measurements. This will provide details for uncompressed and compressed backup files in gigabytes, megabytes, kilobytes and bytes.
- Backup ID: This column displays the number automatically assigned to each backup, in sequential order.
- Date: The next column provides the date and time the backup completed.
- User: This column provides the username of the user who had created the backup. If the user column is blank, this indicates an automatic backup had been performed.
- Status: The Status column shows whether a backup was completed successfully or not.
- Description: The next column provides a brief description regarding the backup. Scheduled backups indicate an automatically created backup; DatabaseManager demonstrates a check and correct has been completed and Database Preferences refer to a manual backup.
- Backup From: This column provides the computer's IP address at the time the backup was run. This field will not provide information for scheduled backups.
- Size: The Size column displays the uncompressed size of the backup file. If the backup was cancelled or unsuccessful, the size will display 0.00.
- Compressed: The next column shows the compressed size of the backup.
- Backup Path: Lastly, the Backup Path column displays the destination to where the backup was saved.
If you have failed backups, you can refer to this article to troubleshoot.