The Patients By Procedure and Diagnosis report allows you to gather information from all patients who have had charges posted in their ledgers with specific charge or diagnosis information.
NOTE: Chronic diagnoses, which are diagnoses entered under the Problem List tab on the Patient screen, may not be included in this report. Only diagnoses tied to procedures in the ledger will be shown on this report.
Patients By Procedure and Diagnosis - Filters
- Filter Providers/Filter Offices/Filter Facilities: Allows you to filter the report to show only patients associated with the selected providers, offices, and facilities if applicable. In this case, the list is filtered by the provider, office, and facility listed in the new charge window. You can disable these filters by unchecking the checkbox above the list of providers, offices, or facilities. You may wish to disable the filters if you have some patients in your database that have these fields set to (None) in the patient screen. Disabling these filters will include all patients regardless of provider/office/facility.
- Filter Procedure: The Select Procedure filter allows you to choose specific procedures by which to run your report. Only charges with selected procedures will be displayed. Both the code and short description are shown. If your office uses modifiers, codes with modifiers are selectable separately. Leaving the Select Procedures filter unchecked is equivalent to selecting all procedures.
- Filter Diagnosis: The Select Diagnosis filter allows you to choose specific diagnoses by which to run your report. Only charges associated to the selected diagnoses will be displayed. Both the code and short description are shown. If your office does not associate diagnoses to charges, or if you wish to see all selected procedures, even ones without tied diagnoses, leave this filter unchecked.
- Procedure Start Date/End Date: Filters the report to show only charges between the given procedure dates, as entered in the new charge window in the ledger.
- Sex: Filters the report to only show patients with the selected sex.
- Start Age/End Age: Filters the report to only show patients between the selected age criteria.
Patients By Procedure and Diagnosis Results - Unexpanded
- Patient Last, First: Lists each patient's last and first name.
- Age/Sex: Lists each patient's age and gender, as entered on the Patient screen.
- Patient #: Lists each patient's account number.
- Chart: Lists each patient's chart number if applicable, as entered on the Patient screen.
- Office/Provider: Lists each patient's assigned provider and office by ID, as entered on the Patient screen.
- Procedure/Modifier: Lists procedure codes and modifiers that match the selected criteria.
- Proc. Date: Lists the procedure date of the charge, as entered in the new charge window in the ledger.
- Fee: Lists the total fee amount for the procedure.
- Diag. 1/Diag. 2/Diag. 3/Diag. 4: Lists all diagnoses associated to the charge.