The Patient Clinical report can give you an overview of medications, allergies, and other clinical data for selected patient groups.
This report is very flexible and powerful, due to the wide variety of filters.
Patient Clinical Report - Filters
- Filter Providers/Filter Offices: You can use these items to filter the report results by the provider/office listed in the Pop-Ups tab of the Patient record. If the provider/office is set to None in the patient tab, it will filter by the Account provider/office instead.
- Filter Problem Lists: You can choose to filter the report to show only patients with the selected diagnosis codes or other items from your Problem List reference. If a patient does not have any information listed in their Problem List, they will be omitted from the report unless the Filter Problem Lists checkbox is unchecked.
- Filter Medications: This filter allows you to view only patients who have the selected medication. This only includes active meds, unless the "include inactive prescription" box next to the date selection is checked. If the checkbox next to Filter Medications is checked, patients without medications will be excluded from the report; uncheck this checkbox to include patients without any medications associated to their record.
- Filter Allergies: This list allows you to filter the report to show only patients with the selected allergies. As with the other filters, if this item is checked, patients with no allergies will be omitted from the report. In order to include patients without allergies, the checkbox next to Filter Allergies must be unchecked.
- Filter Follow-Up Type (Filter Recall Type in MacPractice DDS): You can use this filter to see only patients with the selected Recalls/Follow-ups on the report. Uncheck this filter to view patients without a Recall/Follow-up.
- Filter Ethnicities: Allows you to filter by the Ethnicity set in a patient's record in the Patients Ability > Patient Tab > Race/Ethnicity section.
- Filter Races: Allows you to filter by the Race set in a patient's record in the Patients Ability > Patient Tab > Race/Ethnicity section.
- Filter Preferred Languages: Allows you to filter by the Preferred Language set in the Patients Ability > Patient tab > Preferred Language drop down.
- Filter Preferred Contact Methods: Allows you to filter by the Communication method set in the Patients ability > Patient tab > Communication section > Communication Preference.
- Date Menu: The date menu determines what criteria are used for the Start Date and End Date fields. You can choose to filter the report by Prescription date (the date a prescription was created), Follow-up Date (the date the patient's follow-up is due), or both. Please note, if you include a date range and the patient does not have the selected item (either prescription or follow-up), they will not be displayed on the report.
- Start/End Date: Enter the beginning and ending dates for the report.
- Sex: You can use this menu to choose whether you would like the report to display only patients with their sex set to Male, Female or Unknown. Select All to view all patients, regardless of sex.
- Start Age/End Age: Use these menus to filter the report to display only patients within a given age range.
- Include Inactive Prescriptions: When checked, both inactive and active medications will be included in the Medications filter. When unchecked, the report will only look for patients who active medications match the selected criteria.
- Filter Lab Results: You can use this item to set up additional filters based on lab results. Click the button to open the Lab Result Filter window. Click the plus button next to Select Lab result to add a new lab result filter.
- Patient #/Patient Last, First: The first five columns display basic demographic information about the patient, including the patient's MacPractice account number, name, age, sex and the city and state in which they live.
- Provider/Office: The next column displays the ID of the provider and office selected in the Pop-ups tab of the Patient screen.
- Medication: This column lists all medications the patient is taking that fit the selected Medication criteria. For example, if the patient was taking aspirin, and an acid-reflux medication, but only Aspirin was selected in the Filter Medications list, only Aspirin would appear in the Medication column. If the Filter Medications item is unchecked, all the patient's medications will be listed.
- Problem List: The Problem List column lists the relevant problem codes from the patient's record. As with Medications, only problems that are selected in the Filter Problem List menu will be listed on the report. If the Problem List filter is disabled, all problem codes will be listed.
- Lab Test List: The next column lists the type of lab tests performed. For Pathology labs, it will simply list fields from the lab result, rather than the specific test. As with the other clinical information columns, this information will only be listed if it is included in the Filter Lab Results criteria. If you do not have any lab result filters set up, it will display all the patient's lab information.
- Allergy List: The Allergy List column displays the allergies entered in the patient's Clinical tab. As with the other clinical information columns, this information will only be listed if it is included in the Filter Allergies list. If the Filter Allergies checkbox is disabled, the report will display all the patient's allergy information.
- Follow-Up Type/Follow-Up Date: The Follow-up Type column lists the follow-ups or recall from the Patient screen. If the follow-up/recall is associated to an appointment, the appointment date will be listed in the Follow-Up Appt. Date column.
- Ethnicity: This column displays the Ethnicity of the Patient.
- Races: This column displays the Race of the Patient.
- Language: This column displays the Preferred Language of the Patient.
- Contact Method: The final column on the report lists the patient's preferred contact method, as entered in the AutoRemind tab of the Patient screen.
Patient Clinical Report - Buttons
- Create Reminder List: This button creates multiple lists for each Preferred Contact Method and populates the list with all Patients in the generated report with the matching Contact Method. This is useful if you need to contact multiple patients and need to be certain you are honoring their preferred contact method.
- Make List: This button will generate a singular list that contains every Patient in the generated report and add it to the Drawer.
- Export: The Export Button will allow you to export the contents of a generated report into a file. The file is .txt by default, but you can save it as an .xls file if you wish to open it up with spreadsheet software such as Excel.