This report tracks the percentage of patients aged 18 years and older with a diagnosis of heart failure (HF) with a current or prior left ventricular ejection fraction (LVEF) < 40% who were prescribed ACE inhibitor or ARB or ANRI therapy either within a 12 month period when seen in the outpatient setting OR at each hospital discharge.
This particular CQM has two population criteria, where the first group is for outpatient encounters, while the second group is for inpatient encounters.
A patient will be in the denominator when they have all of the following:
- An age 18 years or older
- At least two visits within your reporting period
- A Heart Failure diagnosis with an Onset Date matching the visit's Procedure Date
- An Ejection Fraction LNC code entered or imported as a Laboratory Order with a Value <40% and an Ordered Date and a Received Date matching or prior to the first visit's Procedure Date
- A Moderate or Severe LVSD snomed code added to their EMR or EHR from with a Start Date and End Date matching the Procedure Date of their visit
A patient will be in the numerator when they have all of the following:
- The patient needs an ACE inhibitor or ARB/ANRI medication with an Ordered Date matching the visit's Procedure Date
A patient will be excluded from the denominator when they have:
- A Pregnancy, Renal Failure Due to ACE Inhibitor, Intolerance to ACE Inhibitor diagnosis with an Onset Date matching the visit's Procedure Date
- An Allergy to ACE inhibitor or ERB Allergen snomed code added to their EMR or EHR from with a Start Date and End Date matching the Procedure Date of their visit