Percentage of patients 18-75 years of age with diabetes who had hemoglobin A1c > 9.0% during the measurement period.
A patient will be in the denominator and numerator when they have all of the following-
- An age between 18 and 75 years old
- A visit during your reporting period
- A Diabetes diagnosis with an onset date prior to the visit's procedure date.
A patient will be removed from the numerator when they have all of the following-
- Their most recent HbA1C reading LNC code entered or imported as a Laboratory Order with a result <9 and a Received Date within the filtered date range of the report
A patient will be removed from the denominator when they have:
- Only a diagnosis of secondary diabetes due to another condition. The denominator only looks for patients with a diagnosis of Type 1 and Type 2 diabetes.