The Referral Production report will show you charges associated with your referrals broken down by month.
Within the month, the production information is first broken down by referral and then by patient.
Referral Production - Filters
Select Providers/Select Offices: Filters the report based on the provider and office listed in the New Charge window.
Select Procedures: Filters the report to show only production information about selected procedure codes. To select multiple procedures from this list, hold down the command key on your keyboard while clicking on each record (you can also hold down the shift key when clicking, which will select all entries between the first and last record you clicked).
Select the date range criteria the report will use. There are an assortment of date range options for the report:
- Production Range: Filters the report based on the procedure date of the charge.
- Referral Range: Filters the report based on the referral date, as entered in the Referrals tab inside of the Patient tab in the Patients ability.
- New Patients: When you select New Patients from this menu, you will see two radio buttons appear: New Patient Date and First Charge Date (Note Picture: A). The New Patient Date option will filter the report based on the new patient date, as entered in the patient screen:
The First Charge Date filters the report based on the procedure date of the first procedure in the patient's ledger associated with the referral.
Referral Production Results - Unexpanded
- Referral Month: Indicates what month the results in that line are from.
- # of Referrals: Displays the number of referrals that were associated to charges in a given month.
- # of Patients: Displays the number of patients with referral charges during the month.
- # of Charges: Displays the number of procedures associated with a referral during the month.
- Charges: The total dollar amount of all procedures associated with a referral from the given month.
- Payments: Reflects payments applied toward referral charges performed in the month. These numbers will not match deposits, gross receipts, or earned receipts, as each of those reports figure their date range on different criteria.
Referral Production Results - First Expansion
- Referral Name and Title: Lists the names and titles of all referrals (as entered in References > Referrals) associated with charges during the selected month.
- Type: Displays the referral type associated with the referral in References > Referrals.
- Patient Count: Displays the number of patients with charges associated with the referral during the selected month.
Referral Production Results - Second Expansion
- Patient Last, First: Lists the patient's name, last name first.
- Referral Date: Lists the referral date, as listed in the Charge window. If there are multiple charges with different referral dates, the earliest date will be listed.
- Account: Lists the patient's MacPractice account number.
- Phone: Lists the first phone number entered in the Patient screen.
- Procedure Date: Lists the procedure date, as entered in the Charge window.
- Code and Description: Lists the procedure code and description, as entered in the fee schedule/Charge window.
- Charge Amount: Lists the total fee amount for the service.
- Payment Amount: Lists payment amounts applied to the charges. This will be a total of both insurance and patient payments. It does not matter when the payment was posted, as long as it is applied to the charge it will show here.