After you have created your Recall types, entered this information into your fee schedule, and created Recalls for your patients, you are ready to run your postcards. You can send postcards to your patients to remind them of an upcoming Recall appointment or to inform them they need to set up an appointment. You can do this from your Schedule ability or you can run the Recall Report to find this information.
The Recall Report can be found in the Report ability, under the Marketing node.
Recall Report Filters
- Filter Providers: Allows you to filter the report based on the provider selected in the Patient tab of the patient's record.
- Filter Offices: Allows you to filter the report based on the office selected in the Patient tab of the patient's record.
- Filter Recall Types: Allows you to filter the report to show only recalls of a given type.
- Next Visit Date: Allows you to choose whether your date range applies to the Next Visit Date, Recall Date, or Recall Appt. Date.
- Balance Column: Allows you to refine the way you would like the report to be displayed. You can choose to display the total account balance, the balance only for the specific patient, or the estimated balance of the patient's treatment plan (see item 15 for more information). You can also choose to see the report results double-spaced (which is useful if you wish to print out the form and make handwritten notes), or add a Remaining Coverage column to the report.
- Lost Recalls: Automatically filters the report to show all recalls up to the present date that are not associated with an appointment.
- Start/End Date: Allows you to filter the report by a given date range.
- With/Without Recall: Allows you to filter the report to show patients with a recall, without a recall, or both.
- With/Without Recall Appointment: Allows you to filter the report to show patients with an appointment associated to the recall, without an appointment associated to a recall, or both. Even if you choose to view patients without recall appointments, you may still see patients with a next appointment appear on the report. This indicates that while they have a future appointment scheduled, it is not associated to the recall.
Recall Report Results
- Patient # & Birthday/Patient Last, First & Phone: Shows the patient's MacPractice account number, birth date, name, and phone numbers, as entered in the Patient tab of the Patient ability.
- Type: Displays the name of this recall (for example: 1 year, 1 month, 3 months and so on).
- Last Visit (Frequency) & Recall Date: The Last Visit is when the patient was last seen in your office related to the Recall; The Frequency displays the length between the visits based on days as entered in References; The Recall Date is the day the patient is theoretically supposed to come into your office for their check up (calculated by taking the Last Visit and adding the Frequency).
- Appointment Date & Status: Displays information about the appointment that is linked to the Recall Date and the status of the appointment.
- Next Appointment Date: Shows information about the patient's next appointment in your schedule that may or may not have anything to do with your Recall Date. If the Next Appt. Date is linked (tied) to the Recall Date then the Next Appt. Date is when the patient is coming in for his Recall procedures. If the Next Appt. Date is not linked to the recall, it has nothing to do with the Recall Date. This is just the next time the patient is coming into your office. If this Appointment Date is when the patient is coming into your office for their recall procedures, you will need to link this appointment to the Recall so a postcard can be sent with the correct information.
- Account Balance: Displays the balance of the account, depending on the criteria that was selected in the Balance Column setting (item #4).
- Provider/Office: Displays the ID of the Provider and Office associated to the recall appointment.
- Note: displays any additional information that was added to the appointment.
- Method: displays the method a recall notice is being sent out to the patient to remind them of the appointment.
- Send Recalls: If you click this button, MacPractice will generate postcards for all patients that are listed in the report.
- Make List: Will send a list of all patients on the report to the List Tab of the Drawer.
- Export: will export the generated patient list to a location on your computer in a .txt format; this will allow you to us a third party software to possibly open this information.
Before you can run postcards for your patients, you will need to confirm the postcard form is active. To do this, go to the References ability, then select the Forms node in your sidebar. Under the Forms node, select the Postcard form and check the box next to Form Active. The Postcard form is now ready to be used.
Running Recall Postcards from the Schedule
Go to the Forms node (located directly below the Recall node). Under the Forms node you will see the Postcard form. Select the Recall node, dragging this down to the Postcard form. When you drop the Recall node over the Postcard, the postcard format window will appear to the right. This is the area where you can modify, add comments, and change the date format of your Postcard before you print this information. After confirming all the details are correct, click the OK button. The print window will appear so you can select your desired printer, printer tray, etc. Click Print and your postcards will then be printed.
AutoRemind Recall Notifications
If you have AutoRemind active on your license and have the option enabled on AutoRemind's side, you can utilize The Follow Ups/Recalls report to send Recall or Follow-up reminders to patients.
To send AutoRemind Recall Notifications, use the following process:
- Add a Follow-up or Recall: Before AutoRemind Recall Notifications can be sent, enter a Recall or Follow-up in the patient's record. The Recall / Follow-up topic demonstrates how recalls work within MacPractice.
- Set the Preferred Recall Method: After the patient has a recall or follow-up listed, set the Preferred Recall Method pop-up menu to the AutoRemind Notification Profile. You can set this for an Account by navigating to the Patients Ability > Patient Tab > Communication sub-tab.
Information on patient account setup for AutoRemind is available in Patient - Reminders.
- Send Recall Reminders: Use the Follow-up or Recall Report to send reminders to patients.
Note: In order to Send Recalls, you must have a default postcard form set in Preferences > Forms.
Run the report, then click the Send Recalls button. From the resulting window outlining the number of each recall type to be sent, enter a comment to be printed on the post cards if paper reminders are also sent. Click the OK button to generate the AutoRemind electronic messages and print any post cards. AutoRemind recommends running this report for a month date range at least twice per month. This will send an additional reminder to patients that have not yet scheduled an appointment.
If you do not see the drop downs by "Emails", "SMS", "Voice" and "Postcards" at the top of this screenshot above, you may not have the AutoRemind Follow-Up/Recalls feature active. Please contact AutoRemind to discuss purchasing this option.
- Schedule Recall appointments: When an appointment is scheduled, link the appointment to the Recall or Follow-up to ensure that the Recall or Follow-up Report will not generate duplicate reminders for patients that have scheduled an appointment.