The Unapplied (Credit) Balance report displays information on unapplied payments and negative adjustments.
This documentation contains the following sections:
- Select Providers/Select Offices: The Unapplied Balance report can be filtered based on the provider/office listed in the unapplied payment window.
- Show Ins. and Pat. Unapplied in 2 Columns: If checked, the report will show unapplied insurance and patient payments separately. If unchecked, both types of payments will be shown in one column, labeled Unapplied Payments.
- Payment Posted Start Date/End Date: You can filter the report to show only unapplied payments posted between selected dates.
- Account # & Primary Last, First: The first two columns on the report show the account number and primary for the account the payment belongs to.
- Provider Name: The next column on the report lists the name of the provider associated with the unapplied payment.
- Phone 1 & Phone 2: The Phone 1 and Phone 2 columns display the first two phone numbers listed in the Primary tab of the account.
- Account Balance: The Account Balance column lists the total balance on the account. You can use this column to determine if there is a balance to apply the unapplied payment to.
- Unapplied Patient Payments & Unapplied Insurance Payments: The next two columns list the unapplied payments on the account. If Show Ins. and Pat. Unapplied in 2 Columns checkbox is unchecked, there will be only one column labeled Unapplied Payments.
- Unapplied Neg. Adj.: The Unapplied Neg. Adj. column lists any unapplied negative adjustments on the account.
- Sub Total: The final column lists the total unapplied credits on the account.
- Posted Date: The first column lists the posted date of the unapplied payment or adjustment.
- Code: The next column lists the type of credit, such as Insurance Payment, Check Payment or Negative Adjustment.
- Description: The Description column lists different information, depending on the credit type.
- Insurance Payment: For Insurance Payments, the insurance carrier and check amount will be listed.
- Patient Payment: For Patient Payments, the payment type and reference or check number will be listed.
- Negative Adj.: For negative adjustments, the adjustment type will be listed.
- Unapplied Payment: The Unapplied Payment column lists the amount of any unapplied payments. Insurance payments and patient payments will not be separated in the expanded results.
- Unapplied Neg. Adj.: The final column lists the amount of any unapplied negative adjustments.