The Positive Adjustment report can be used to find positive adjustments associated with a given date range and/or type.
This documentation contains the following sections:
- Select Provider & Offices: The Positive Adjustment report can be filtered by the provider and office listed in the charge the positive adjustment is associated to.
- Select Adjustment Types: You can also filter the report to show only adjustments of the selected type.
- Start/End Date: These filters allow you to apply a date range to the report. The date filter used depends on the setting by item D.
- Posted/Procedure Date: The report can be filtered by either the date the adjustment was posted, or the procedure date listed in the positive adjustment window. The adjustment's procedure date defaults to the procedure date of the charge it is associated with, but it may be manually changed.
The initial view of the report is broken down by adjustment type.
- Adjustment Type: The first column lists the type of the positive adjustment.
- Number of Accounts: The next column displays the number of patients associated with that adjustment type.
- Adjustment Amount: The final column lists the total adjustment amounts associated to that type.
The expanded view displays the account number and patient name the adjustment is posted under and the amount of the adjustment. You can click the triangle next to the patient's account number to view additional detail about the procedure associated with the adjustment.
- Patient# & Patient Last, First: The first two columns in the fully expanded view show the account number and patient name associated with the adjustment.
- Posted Date: The Posted Date column displays the date the adjustment was entered into the computer.
- Incident: The next column shows the incident the adjustment is listed under.
- Description: The Description column will always read "Positive Adj." on this report.
- Amount: The Amount column lists the amount of the adjustment.
- Procedure Code: This column shows the procedure code the positive adjustment is associated with.
- Procedure Description: This column gives a brief description of what they procedure is used for.
- PROV: The final column displays the user ID and office ID of the provider and office listed on the charge associated with the adjustment.