The Earned Receipts report displays payments applied to procedures performed by the selected Provider(s).
This report contains the following sections:
This report is based on the date the payment was applied to a charge. It does not take into account any unapplied amounts, and does not take into account the payment's Posted or Procedure Date.
You can view the date a payment was applied in the far right of the payment window:
This is the best report to show what the providers have earned. Like all MacPractice reports you have a variety of filters that can be selected. Uncheck the checkbox next to any set of filters to disable it.
- Select Providers/Select Offices: These filters, when enabled, show only payments applied to procedures associated with the selected providers or offices.
- Select Procedures: Use this filter to show only receipts applied to the selected procedures.
- Start/End Date: The start/end date filters can be used to show only payments applied during the selected date range.
- Additional Options: You can select a number of additional options to display in the Account view of the report.
- Account: The first column displays the account number where the payment was applied.
- Primary Last, First: The second column shows the name in the Primary tab of the account.
- Earned: The final column reflects the total amount of applied payments.
- Payment: The first column of the expanded view lists the payment type, such Check, Cash, Card, Insurance, and so on.
- Posted Date: The next column displays the date the payment was posted.
- Total Payment: The third column lists the total amount of the payment.
- Applied to Matching Charges: The final column shows the amount of the payment that was applied to charges that match your report criteria.
- Patient ID: Shows the specific patient ID number for the patient the charge was entered under.
- Procedure Code: Procedure code the payment was applied towards.
- Code Modifier: Modifier that was listed on the charge, if any.
- Procedure Date: The Procedure Date of the charge.
- Fee: The total fee for the charge.
- Tax: Lists the tax charged for the procedure, if applicable.
- Payment Applied: The amount of the selected payment that was applied towards the charge.
- WriteOff: The amount of any write-offs posted towards the procedure.
- Open Portion: The unpaid balance on the charge.
- Date Applied: The date the payment was applied to the charge.
- Provider: The User ID of the provider listed on the charge.
- Place Of Service Code: The place of service listed on the charge.
The Earned Receipts by Provider report is simpler than the Earned Receipts by Account.
This report has only four columns.
- Provider: The first column displays the provider associated with the charge the payments are applied to. Any user that has the Is Provider checkbox set in References > Users will be shown in this list.
- Applied: The second column shows the amount of money that has been applied to procedures during the date range. This amount does not look at the posted or procedure date of the payment.
- Previously Applied Adjustment: The third column will report any changes made to an applied payment outside of the date range.
If you are running the Earned Receipts report on a monthly basis, the Previously Applied Adjustment column is used to identify when payments have been adjusted, thus affecting their Net Earned accordingly.
For example, if a payment of 75.00 was applied to a charge assigned to Provider A, but then later on when auditing a ledger it is discovered that the charge should be assigned to Provider B, a biller would make the necessary change on the charge.. In this situation, the Previously Applied Adjustment would reflect -75.00 as that payment no longer is assigned to Provider A. The Net Earned column will also reflect these changes.
For a second example, let's say Provider KS handled a charge and a payment of 75.00 was applied to this charge prior to April 2017. After auditing the ledger, it was determined that the payment should have only had 40.00 applied to this charge, and the remaining 35.00 was to be applied to a different charge, under a different provider. The change is made on 04/25/2017.
In this screenshot, we can see that the Previously Applied Adjustment column for Provider KS is -75.00, because we have unapplied the original payment prior to the date range. In the breakdown, we see the new date applied, and two line items, one to unapply the old payment, then a new line to indicate the corrected amount applied. The Net Earned column displays the corrected amount to this provider's earned receipts for the month, assuming that no other charges and payments were applied for this range.
- Net Earned: The final column, displays the total of the Applied and Previously Applied columns. If the Previously Applied Adjustment is negative, it will be subtracted from the Applied column for the Net Earned figure.