Follow the steps below to create a comma-separated file that will be compatible with the Mac Address Book:
- Go to Reports, select Marketing from the sidebar, then select Patients. This will bring up a list of all patients in your practice. Use the age range to minimize the amount of patients.
- NOTE: You can use any other Marketing report that has the Make List button, such as Account Primary, Discounts, Patients by Birthday, Follow-Up, and so on.
- Create a list by clicking on the Make List button at the bottom right corner. The List will be named after the Marketing report that was chosen, such as Patients By..., Treatment Plans, and so on.
- You also can create a List of all Patients by dragging the Patient's node from the sidebar into the drawer. This process is more simple and less time-consuming than running the report. However, the report provides more filtering options.
- NOTE: To drag patients, you will need to be in the Patient ability.
- Next, open the drawer and click the List tab. The drawer button is the last button at the very bottom of MacPractice. You may need to resize your screen to view the drawer if the MacPractice window is maximized.
- Select the List title and click the Export button. A small window will pop up that allows you to select or modify an existing preset or to create a new preset. The default preset should suffice, which will report First, Last, Address, Suite, City, State, Zip, Phone, Carrier, Birthday, Sex, Last Visit and SSN. Select Default from the pop-up menu on the left and select CSV from the pop-up menu on the right. Click Export. A new window will appear asking you to specify the location to which you would like the Export to be saved. The MacPractice Data Folder should be the Default Save location.
- Open Excel and use the Command-O keyboard shortcut to point and open the exported CSV file. This will start the Text Import Wizard. Make sure the Delimited box is checked, then click Next. At the next screen, under Delimiters, place a check in the Comma box. Click Finish.
- Save the file to the Desktop as a CSV file. Standard Excel Workbook format will not work.