With the constant influx of new versions of the macOS from Apple, as well as our development team continuing to improve and enhance MacPractice, it can become confusing to determine which build of MacPractice is compatible with which version of the macOS.
The official link to MacPractice System Requirements is here.
What MacPractice Build can I run?
- You can run MacPractice Build 6.1 and 7.3 (Gen 7).
- Restrictions: Online Patient Scheduling and Reputation Marketing are not usable on Build 6.1.
- You can run MacPractice Build 7.3 (Gen 7) up to MacPractice Build 10.7 (Gen 10)
- Restrictions: All features work, but for eClaims, eStatements, and TransWorld integration, some changes must be made. Please contact MacPractice Support for more details.
- You can run MacPractice Builds 7.3 and up to MacPractice build 11.17
- You can run MacPractice Builds 11 and 12 of MacPractice.
If you are running OS Catalina (10.15)
- You can run MacPractice Builds 12 and 13.
If you are running OS Big Sur (11)
- You can run MacPractice Builds 13 and up.
If you are running OS Monterey:
Can I update my OS?
If you're thinking about updating your macOS, you'll want to check above to ensure that your Server and Client Computers meet the requirements for the newer version. We advise that you contact MacPractice Support so they can advise you further based on your particular needs.
MacPractice Support cannot assist with the act of updating your OS. If you need assistance or support for macOS issues, please contact Apple Support.
How do I update MacPractice?
See this article for a comprehensive guide to Updating.