When in the Schedule Ability, if you right click or Control-Click anywhere in the Schedule window, a contextual menu will appear with several options that can help with organizing and managing your schedule.
Below is a list of all the options available, and what each does. Some options may be greyed out depending on what you have selected when right clicking the Schedule.
Right Click Menu Options
- Open: This option will open the Appointment that was right-clicked.
- Cut: This option will remove the Appointment Block from the Schedule that was right-clicked. You can then use the "Paste" Option to place it somewhere else on the Schedule.
- Copy: This option will make a copy of the Appointment Block from the Schedule that was right-clicked. You can then use the "Paste" Option to place the copy somewhere else on the Schedule.
- Paste: This option is present if you right click a blank spot in the Schedule. This will allow you to paste in a previously Cut or Copied appointment in the spot you right-clicked.
- View Only This Resource: This option will focus the Schedule Window to exclusively look at the Resource (Column) that was right clicked. This can be reversed by using the "View All Selected Resources" option.
- View All Selected Resources: This option will focus the Schedule Window to look at all checked Resources in the Resources Node. If you previously used the "View Only This Resource" option, you may need to scroll horizontally to see the other Resources. Alternatively, you can use the Fit Columns to Current View button in the lower left. (The blue highlighted icon in the following screenshot)
- Go To: This option will display a list of Abilities that, when clicked, will take you to the clicked Ability with the right-clicked Appointment's Patient selected. Only the Abilities you have purchased will appear in this list.
- Set as One Patient: This option simply selects the Appointment's Patient.
- Switch to Many: This option de-selects any currently selected Patient.
- Create On-Call: This option will create an On Call record for the right clicked Appointment's Patient. This will also move the right clicked appointment into the On Call node, and then take you to the On Call node to configure the conditions of the On Call. For more information on On Calls, please refer to the On Call Node Knowledge Base article.
- Check On-Calls: This option, when selected after right clicking a blank space in the Schedule, will check to see if the right clicked time slot meets any of the On Calls' criteria on record. For more information on On Calls, please refer to the On Call Node Knowledge Base article.
- Export to Calendar: This option, when selected after right clicking an appointment, will export the selected appointment to the macOS's Calendar App. MacPractice may request permission to access Calendar to complete this task, so you may need your OS password to continue.
- Find Next Free Slot for Appointment: This option will find the next available free spot for the right-clicked appointment to be slotted into.
- Find Next Free Slot for Resource: This option will find the next available free spot in the Resource. This does not check the Appointment size, it just tries to find a free spot in the Resource.
- Find Next Free Slot: This option will find the next available free spot on the selected day of the schedule. This does not check the Appointment size, it just tries to find a free spot on the selected day.
- Repeat: This option brings up the Drawer's Appointment Tab, where you can configure a Repeating Appointment for the right-clicked appointment. For more information on Repeating Appointments, please refer to this article.
- Set Recall: This option allows you to tie a right-clicked appointment to a Recall on the Patient's Account. Please refer to this article for more information on Recalls.
- Remove Recall: This option will untie a recall from the right-clicked appointment. Please refer to this article for more information on Recalls.
- Print Form: This option will allow you to select a Form to print for the right-clicked Appointment's Patient.
- Cancelled/Missed/To Reschedule: This option will set the right-clicked Appointment to Cancelled, Missed, or To Reschedule. This moves the Appointment off the Schedule into the respective node.
- Appointment Statuses: The bottom options list out all of the available Appointment Statuses that you can set an appointment to.